The Quality Development Service
Our team offer a range of quality development options nationwide, including quality practice queries, focused quality practice development, whole setting quality development for individual or multiple settings (e.g. group providers)
Why is quality important in Early Learning and Care settings?
- High-quality Early Learning and Care plays an important role in promoting children’s well-being, fostering children’s development as confident and competent learners and working in partnership with parents to enable our youngest children to reach their full potential.
- It is recognised that high-quality Early Learning and Care is essential to provide the best experiences and outcomes for young children. Research nationally and internationally has helped build our knowledge of why high-quality ELC is so important. Our national early childhood frameworks, Síolta and Aistear and the QRF are based on established national and international research and consultation to enhance quality in Early Learning and Care settings in Ireland.
- For more information: National Frameworks
What we do
- Our team of experienced Early Years Specialists provides professional development to your setting to enhance quality and early learning experiences for children.
- An Early Years Specialist will collaborate with you and your team in joint assessment using the Aistear Síolta Practice Guide self-evaluation tools, identifying what is working well and opportunities for development.
- An Early Years Specialist will work with you to set quality development goals and actions and agree realistic timeframes for implementation into practice.
- An Early Years Specialist will use a range of mentoring, coaching, modelling strategies with your team to work towards identifying and implementing goals and actions.
Quality Practice Query
If you have a specific query about practice, your setting can contact Better Start for information and advice.
Quality Practice Development
If your setting would like to review and develop quality in one area of practice, you can request Quality Practice Development.
Quality Development (Whole Setting)
This is suitable for settings interested in a whole setting approach to quality development.